5 Minutes With... SOUL OF HEX
Tijuana born-and-raised brothers Gerardo & Emanuel, also known as 'Soul Of Hex', are about to drop a heavyweight release on Delusions of Grandeur. They have been conjuring up astral deep odysseys for the best part of a decade, with underground floor fillers released on labels such as Dirt Crew, Secret Crunch and CVMR.
We grabbed '5 Minutes With' them to find out more...
1. Give us the lowdown on this release…
It’s been to years since our last release, ‘’Tetro’’ in our label Vicario, so in this one we go back to the funk.
2. What's your best career moment to date, aside from this interview?
Being part of the now defunct Red Bull Music Academy (notable alumni: Flying Lotus, Axel Boman, Objekt, Nina Kraviz, Palms Trax, etc) where I met legends like Kevin Saunderson, Damo Suzuki, and collabed with Mad Mike Banks from Underground Resistance and Marco Passarani from Tiger & Woods.
3. What's been doing the business when playing out recently?
4. Where can we find you in the upcoming months?
At home haha, but if this pandemic situation doesn’t get any worse we’ll be in Detroit this September and Europe in October.
5. If you could spend '5 Minutes With…' anyone, who would it be and why...?
Erykah Badu, she’s our favourite singer. So we make a track together.
'DISCO PERMANENTE' EP
RELEASE DATE : Friday 5th June