5 Minutes With... MANUEL DARQUART
Since the release of their first EP back in 2016, New Zealand duo Manuel DARQUART have steadily seen their popularity grow, bringing an evolving, fresh taste to dance music. After taking a few years off the pair have re-emerged in 2020, this time laying down a 3 track EP with some heavy Italo house influence.
We grabbed 5 minutes with the pair to chat about their new EP WOLFEP 058.
1. Give us the lowdown on this release…
Manuel Darquart are just a couple of Kiwi’s looking for a good time and that’s clear on this piece of wax.
2. If you had to pick one, what would be your biggest career highlight to date?
Bumping into Gabby Logan in a lift at 10am after a heavy night out on the town.
3. If we were allowed to be out partying, what current records would you be playout out every set?
4. What’s coming up next for you?
New music coming from Velour next month. Releases from Gene Tellem, Medlar & a stocking filler from Red Rack’em just before Christmas. We’re also just finalising the next round of merch & we’ve just sponsored a football team so watch out for that.
5. If you could spend '5 Minutes With…' anyone, who would it be and why...?
Gabby Logan to try and explain why we where in such a mess that morning.