5 Minutes With... KX9000
French electronic music has seen a renaissance in the past few years with a new wave of young talent emerging into the scene. One of the artists at the forefront of this rebirth is Kx9000, a producer we’ve been supporting since the creation of Acuña.
We grabbed a few minutes with him to chat about his new EP, Plaisance Food (Apparel Music), a brilliant 5 tracker filled with dreamy chords, acid lines and funk. Check out what he had to say below:
1. Give us the lowdown on this release...
Plaisance Food EP is based on personal musics and vibes nostalgia modernly worked with dope remixes from Paul Cut & Ground Plane Aerial that perfectly fit.
2. If you had to pick one, what would be your biggest career highlight to date?
Last year the release party of Ultra Loisir EP at Rex Club in Paris with as guests Session Victim, Lucien & The Kimono Orchestra and Tour-Maubourg. It was amazing to live.
3. If we were allowed to be out partying, what current records would you be playing out at every set?
I have so many tracks I want to play since the lockdown, I had a few opportunities this summer but I would like the last Blaq Numbers VA or the recently Kisk album!
4. Whats coming up next for you?
I continue to produce for KX9000 and Mint Jams but also for other people, 2021 will be funkier (I hope).
5. If you could spend 5 minutes with anyone, who would it be and why?
Im so shy, only 5 minutes with someone I consider would be even more stressful ! Maybe listen some good advice from Quincy Jones would be a dream.
Plaisance Food EP