5 Minutes With... Crackazat
Crackazat’s fusion of jazz and house are a perfect match with the upbeat sound we dig over here at Acuña. So after his recent outing on Freerange with the brilliant “Valentine EP” and his regular work on Local Talk, we’re happy to see him return to one of our favourite labels, Heist.
Check out some of the music below and see what Crackazat had to say when we caught up with him...
1. Give us the lowdown on this release...
Three jazz house tracks inspired by the musical heritage of heist recordings, with a Crackazat edge.
2. If you had to pick one, what would be your biggest career highlight to date?
Finishing and releasing my second LP Rainbow Fantasia. It’s a project I am proud of.
3. If we were allowed to be out partying, what current records would you be playing out at every set?
4. What's coming up next for you?
My third LP! Forthcoming later this year, I’m really excited as it will showcase Crackazat both present and future.
5. If you could spend 5 minutes with anyone, who would it be and why?
5 minutes is not very long, but I would have loved to shake Miles Davis's hand, thank him for his music and be on my way...
RELEASED: 22nd JANUARY